Press Release Online For Small Business – The Best Return On Investment?
Online PR is a lot simpler than most people would believe. Online press release has many positive results. By far the most important benefits of online press releases are links, search engine visibility, and buzz. When you submit press releases online to one of the major pay sites it will results in several links back to your website if you choose the proper settings. These links will help your businesses website increase in ranking over time. As far as search engine visibility, press releases rank extremely well for local search results. The key is to release to as many websites as possible. The reason for this is that Google will only show two pages from each domain. If you do a press release to 20 sites there is a very good chance that several will show in the first page of Google for a local non competitive keyword. This can really make you business seem like it is the leader for your area. The final reason is buzz! When you talk about yourself, some people will listen but it is not as effective as when other people are talking about you. When your press releases are seen on other websites it is a form of validation to your audience. They assume that for another website to list your press release you must be extremely credible. The truth is that many of press release websites and their followers have massive automated distribution webs. This means that the content of the press release is almost irrelevant when we speak of visibility. Many website also have automated approval features for press releases on specific topics. It is one of the best ways for a small business to get noticed online. Get with the game and see how InBusiness can help you get your sites visibility up with some solid press releases. Here is a great list that was already provided by another great marketing service. No point in reinventing the wheel and retyping it. I am going to paraphrase and give them a link which they will greatly appreciate. The originator of this report is www.subhub.com which creates membership sites
Free Press Release Services
* Free-Press-Release.com – Pagerank 5/ Alexa 3,547 – Not a great looking site, but it has high traffic and a good Alexa ranking. Also, you can place your banners on the press release submitted, pointing to your site. Only the paid service has better ranking and SEO benefits. Easy press release distribution for free, more features for paid accounts.
* PRLog.org – Pagerank 5 / Alexa 16,551 – Ordinary and functional looking website, but it delivers results. Free distribution to Google News and other search engines. Allows inbound links and is optimized well for the search engines. Press releases can be scheduled.
* PR.com – Pagerank 5 / Alexa 27,482 – Fantastic domain name, disappointing website. Free basic service. Two paid options of $199 and $499. Paid options include a full company profile.
* OpenPR.com – Pagerank 5 / Alexa 42,088 – Service based in Germany started in 2004. Free submission and distribution.
* 1888PressRelease.com – Pagerank 5/ Alexa 58,760 – Good pagerank and reasonable traffic. They allow active links. Their paid services gives you better placement, image galleries and permanent archiving.
* NewswireToday.com – Pagerank 5 / Alexa 51,449 – Very poorly designed site which is difficult to read and navigate. All the usual free distribution tools, premium service includes logo, product picture and more.
* PR-Inside.com – Pagerank 4 / Alexa 17,995 – The main reason for including this service is it is one of the few PR distribution sites focused on Europe
* 24-7PressRelease.com – Pagerank 4 / Alexa 46,460 – Free press release submission with limited distribution for the free service. They allow active links. (Upgrade package $49).
* EcommWire.com – Pagerank 4 / Alexa 107,600 – This fairly low traffic site is good for eCommerce related press releases. You can include an image, three keywords and a link with anchor text. OK.
* TheOpenPress.com – Pagerank 4 / Alexa 64,691 – Gives free distribution for plain formatted releases. Charges for HTML-coded releases.
* PressMethod.com – Pagerank 4 / Alexa 66,727 – Very ugly site, but appears to get reasonable traffic. Free press release distribution to limited list. Have additional paid-for services which are not worth the money.
* Free-Press-Release-Center.info – Pagerank 3 / Alexa 56,516 – Nice, clean looking site. Pagerank likely to increase with current traffic levels. Enables PR submission and distribution. Includes one link with anchor text embedded in the article. Upgrading to Pro will give you three links, permanent archiving and more.
* I-Newswire.com – Pagerank 3 / Alexa 69,619 – Free distribution to sites and search engines. Premium membership differs only slightly by adding in graphics.